The REGARDS project (REnouvellement des outils Génériques d’Accès et d’aRchivage pour les Données Spatiales) is at the convergence between two Data Preservation and valorization tools, SIPAD-NG and SITools2. It is a full ground segment product and it can be used by any data center in charge of the implementation of data archiving and/or in charge of a mission or a data center access (research lab or IT services company).
Payload Data & Applications department is responsible for the design, development, integration, maintenance and ppen source promotion.
- To integrate data and metadata supplied by producers in standard or non standard formats with a high degree of efficiency,
- To valorize metadata by enrichment and to make them available to the scientific community via standard interoperability protocols and advanced search interface displays,
- To archive data and metadata in a sustainable way,
- To manage the data from an administrator point of view,
- To allow remote processes via standard protocols (WPS, UWS),
- To be monitored.
- Hardware : PC, servers VMWare HP for virtual machines
- OS : Linux Red Hat
- Coding environment : Eclipse JEE, Netbeans, IntelliJ IDEA, Atom
- Coding tools: Apache Maven, Webpack, NPM
- Conf. Management/documentation: Git, Subversion
- Tests : Junit, Selenium (tests IHM), Mockito, TestLink, Spring Test
- DBMS: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Mysql
- Indexation server : Elasticsearch
- Integration server : Jenkins, Travis CI
- Distributed REST Architecture
- Reactive Web Architecture
- Continuous integration
- modeling tool : Fireworks
- Design modeling : UML-CS / Enterprise Architect
- Open source (Github)
- Formats PAIS, XFDU, FITS
- Protocols WPS, UWS
Since November 2015, CSSI is responsible for the development of REGARDS. After that, a migration to REGARDS of the projects using SIPAD-NG and SITools2 will be performed. A one year warranty phase and a three years maintenance phase is planned.
For the moment, the REGARDS project in in its coding/unit tests phase.