Customer: Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
Supply Chain: CNES > CS Group PDA
IOTA² is a land-use map production line for large areas based on time series of Sentinel or Landsat images developped for CNES / CESBIO. In order to facilitate methodological contributions, IOTA² is open-source. As such, the channel makes extensive use of the image processing applications provided by Orfeo ToolBox.
CS Group responsabilities are as follows:
- Maintenance and evolution of the IOTA² chain in order to meet the needs of land use map production
- User support.
The features are as follows:
- Use of sensors of different types (optical/radar) to obtain better quality classifications.
- Users can provide exogenous data as well as primitive data.
- Possibility of spatially delineating learning zones.
- Automatic calculation of primitives allowing the help to determine the label.
- Merging classifications.
- Automatic generation of coefficients allowing the evaluation of the quality of the classification.
- Division into stages of the chain allows it to be launched only on very specific stages.
The project objectives are as follows:
- Annual production of a national land use map.
- Testing new algorithms over large areas.
The processes for carrying out the project are:
The solution key points are as follows:
- Automatic installation with its dependencies
- Combined use of Orfeo ToolBox multi-threading and MPI speeds up calculations.
- Understanding of different N2A product formats (THEIA + PEPS) to be able to classify as many geographical areas as possible.
The main technologies used in this project are:
||Unix, Linux Ubuntu, CentOS
|Production software (IDE, DEVOPS etc.)
|Main COTS library(ies)
||OTB, GDAL, Qgis