Customer: European Space Agency (ESA)
Supply Chain: ESA > TAS > CS Group PDA
CS Group responsabilities are as follows:
- Prototype Development
The features are as follows:
- Initial studies and development
- Prototype development: reads L0c DS and produces L1C vDS
- Simulation of the processing of 4-days data
- Quality impacts
- IPF Benchmarks
- Cloud provider comparison
- Performance vs price chart
The project objectives are as follows:
- Verify assumptions for the migration of the PDGS core processing to the cloud
- Develop a demonstrator
The processes for carrying out the project are:
The solution key points are as follows:
- IPFs deployed into Docker containers.
- Choreography instead of orchestration with an asynchronous messaging system.
- DS divided into smaller datastrips called vDS. Their calculation time is shorter than that of a DS.
- vDSs processed in parallel on a set of containers called “stage”.
The main technologies used in this project are:
||Orange cc3.4xlarge.4, OVH C2-60
|Interoperability (protocols, format, APIs)
||S2 job orders, S2 SAFE format
|Production software (IDE, DEVOPS etc.)
||Docker, S2 IPF