Customer: European Space Agency (ESA)
Supply Chain: ESA > CS Group PDA
CS Group responsabilities are as follows:
- Open source promoter
The features are as follows:
- Produce, deliver and validate a global 10 meters land cover map of the world.
- Use a mapping of a minimum of 10 land cover classes and a minimum overall accuracy of 75%.
- Use innovative approaches that best exploit the novel observational capabilities of both Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 data at an acceptable cost.
The project objectives are as follows:
- The project aims at developing an automated user-driven workflow capable of producing a global land cover maps in fast delivery.
- To meet such a challenge, production delivery is divided into 3 phases:
- Producing 1% of the world
- Producing 10% of the world
- Producing 100% of the world
The processes for carrying out the project are:
- Continuous integration
The solution key points are as follows:
- On-demand computing platform creation service
- Useful service deployments without the complexity of managing a processing platform over a cloud infrastructure
The main technologies used in this project are:
|Production software (IDE, DEVOPS etc.)
|Main COTS library(ies)
||Stack ELK, Kubernetes, Argo, SafeScale, S1 pre-processing, S2-preprocessing, Classification